The hardest part

One of the hardest parts of dealing with a child with Autism is the sleep deprivation. Jack is awake between 3am and 4am at least once a week. He's not just awake either, he's wired. It's like he has his own espresso maker in his room and drinks 8 of them before getting out of bed. It's difficult enough to deal with the running, jumping, and yelling during the day, but it takes a special kind of patience in the middle of the night.

It's times like this that I have to remind myself how cute he was when I opened his door and got a cheery "Hi Mama". It wasn't so long ago that he wouldn't say anything. I think about how much he laughs when we spell out T-I-C-K-L-E B-U-D-D-Y and tickle him till he can't breathe. I'm lucky this morning because I was able to distract him with play-doh and Christmas shaped cookie cutters.

I guess there's really no point to this post, just my thoughts as I sit here on the computer in the middle of the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! This blog is all about Jack (Buddy), Ally (The Bear), and what goes on around here. My latest obsessions are taking pictures, and making Ally's hair pretty, so I'm sure you'll see a lot of hair pictures too. I hope you have fun keeping up with our family!
 
Copyright 2009 The Adventures of Buddy
   and The Bear
All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes