The best day of the year!

I love, love, love Christmas Eve! It's even better than Christmas morning. All of the work is done, and it's time to relax and enjoy the excitement. Ever since I was a kid, the tradition has been to go to Aunt Becky's house in Bad Axe and spend the day there. We eat, play cards, eat, talk, eat, and did I mention we eat? Seriously, the best part when I was a kid was walking into her breezeway and seeing all the containers and plates full of yummy goodies. I don't even think we had an actual meal, we all just grazed on cookies, cheeseball, veggie trays, etc. It seems like there's less stuff out there now that I'm an adult, so I go into baking overdrive to make sure Jack and Ally can have the same experience of seeing all the junkfood :)

This year we're taking a cheeseball and crackers, pumpkin mousse dip and cookies to dip, chocolate pecan sandies, rolos and pb cups melted onto pretzels, sugar cookies, and cookie dough truffles. Yum, yum, yum!

Now that some people have their own traditions for Christmas Day, we also open gifts on Christmas Eve. I can't wait to see Jack and Ally open their presents. Even Jack understands Christmas now, and he knows he gets presents. Ally is beyond excited and has been talking non-stop (although that's not new) since she got up this morning.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas Eve!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! This blog is all about Jack (Buddy), Ally (The Bear), and what goes on around here. My latest obsessions are taking pictures, and making Ally's hair pretty, so I'm sure you'll see a lot of hair pictures too. I hope you have fun keeping up with our family!
 
Copyright 2009 The Adventures of Buddy
   and The Bear
All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes