Jack at school and my first hair tutorial

Yesterday was "eat lunch with your child" day at Jack's school. They put on a great meal with all the traditional Thanksgiving foods, but of course, Buddy at his cold lunch from home. Crazy kid, passes up turkey and 'tatoes for peanut butter :) I love to see him at school, because he loves to be there. He's doing so great this year. We definitely made the right decision when we sent him back to the Learning Center.
And of course, I had to add a pic of him drawing. I could snap a pic like this almost any time of day. He loves to draw!

Now for some Ally hair :)
Welcome to my first tutorial! First, I parted Ally's hair down the middle, and then split each of those sections in half just above the ears.
I french braided the top two sections, and continued the braiding about halfway down. You're going to take the ends of the braids out later, so there's no reason to braid all the way to the ends.
She's not dead, just dramatic, lol. Then I had Ally lay over the arm of the couch so I could french braid those bottom sections upside down. This works much better than having her sit forward with her head on my knee.
I didn't take a pic of the next step, oops. I pulled the ends of all 4 french braids into one pony in the middle. I took out all the individual braids and made one braid in the pony. Then I flipped the pony under and secured it with another elastic.

Then I added a coordinating scrunchy to cover up the pink/green elastic that doesn't match the red/navy of her school uniform. I did take a pic from the front, but she blinked and I didn't notice until I uploaded the pics, and she's already at school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! This blog is all about Jack (Buddy), Ally (The Bear), and what goes on around here. My latest obsessions are taking pictures, and making Ally's hair pretty, so I'm sure you'll see a lot of hair pictures too. I hope you have fun keeping up with our family!
 
Copyright 2009 The Adventures of Buddy
   and The Bear
All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes